Skip Navigation

Latex Free

The Hospital recognizes that latex sensitivity and/or allergy is a concern for any healthcare worker and is committed to providing as safe a workplace as possible and to reduce the risk of exposure in the healthcare environment.

Some signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction to latex include (but may not be limited to) itchy eyes, generalized itching, hives, rash upon contact or generalized swelling, wheezing, shortness of breath, feeling of throat closing, hypotension, shock or death.

The Hospital encourages staff to select latex-free products. The Hospital's Bid/Quote Content Certification requires the disclosure of latex content in any product or packaging.