Skip Navigation

Safety Permits

Safety Permits are SUNY Stony Brook documents, distributed by the Department of Environmental Health and Safety to ensure Faculty, Staff and Contractors are meeting all Local, State and Federal Regulatory Requirements. A Confined Space Permit must be completed when entering Non-Permit & Permit Confined Space areas.  A Food Permit must be filled out 10 days prior to any event with food. A Hot Work Permit shall be obtained from EH&S prior to performing hot work in the field.  An industrial radiography work permit is required for all X-ray and radioactive material devices and must be obtained before performing any work on campus.


Confined Space Assessment Permit

Food Permit 

Hot Work Permit 

Animals on Campus Permit

Industrial Radiography Work Permit