Skip Navigation

Radioactive Materials Permit Application


The Radioactive Materials License Application is to be filled out by the Senior Investigator. Senior Investigator Authorizations are granted to qualified individuals who are principal investigators of research projects involving radioactive materials, and/or qualified individuals responsible for supervising radioactive materials used by associate users in laboratories.

Senior Investigators should print out and retain copies of the Obtaining Authorization to use Radioactive Materials and Training Requirements Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documents. In addition, please review the University Radiation Safety Manualas part of the permit application process. 

  1. Review and follow instructions within the Obtaining Authorization to Use Radioactive Materials document.
  2. Review the Training Requirements document to make sure you qualify for a Radioactive Materials License.
  3. Complete the Application for Senior Investigator Authorization form. 
  4. Submit all the required paperwork to:

Radiation Safety Officer

110 Suffolk Hall

Stony Brook University

Stony Brook, NY 11794-6200

Tel: (631) 632-6410

Fax: (631) 632-9683