It is unlawful for anyone to apply pesticides at any university property. Applications are only permitted by EH&S licensed personnel and approved contract exterminators.
REPORT A PEST MANAGEMENT REQUEST THROUGH
Even the most skillful and precise application of pesticides will not solve pest problems. Some pesticides may be necessary and will only be used by a certified applicator after performing a thorough inspection to identify the pest "target" and to determine the cause for the existence or infestation (e.g. poor sanitation, open penetrations, water leaks, etc.).
What can you do?
- Close all screens, windows and doors.
- Collect and dispose all scrap paper, boxes and other debris.
- Vacuum and mop floors regularly.
- Empty all garbage containers daily.
- Inspect plants regularly for pests.
- Allow food and beverages in designated areas only.
- Prohibit storage of food in desks, file drawers and lockers.
- Store food and condiments in tightly sealed containers.
- Dispose of all scrap food promptly.
- Clean all dishes, appliances and utensils thoroughly and regularly.
- Clean behind and underneath appliances, cabinets, etc.
- Clean and disinfect all surfaces.
- Clean and dry all mops, buckets and sponges promptly.
- Fix leaking pipes, faucets and other plumbing fixtures.
- Clean grease traps and floor drains routinely.
- Install weather-stripping and door sweeps.
- Caulk wall and floor cracks and crevices.
- Install and maintain screens in doors, windows, vents and floor drains.
- Keep loading docks clean of food waste, garbage and debris.
- Seal pipe chases and other penetrations.
- Keep shrubs, grass and mulches at least one foot away from buildings.
- Prune shrubs and remove leaves from around buildings on a regular basis.